POSITION: Fundraising Champion
TYPE: Permanent, full time
LOCATION: Remote. Travel expected.
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is working to ensure every eligible child in Child Care Institutions reaches the legal adoption pool and potentially reaches a forever family. WAIC’s flagship project is the technology-enabled fieldwork. This project is undertaken in partnership with State Women and Child Development authorities to assess the status of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and determine the best next step for every child. Apart from this project, WAIC is engaged in multiple projects to ensure that a child’s right to a family is fulfilled. WAIC is presently working in 2 States, Maharashtra and Telangana. WAIC is planning to expand to 2 more States in the next 1 year.
We seek candidates with a passion to work for the child’s right to a family, who believe that a family can be created through adoption and are excited about working in the Child Protection and Welfare space to establish and lead our fund raising and donor engagement and relations.
a) Fundraising Strategy and Internal Processes:
- Work with the organization’s leadership to create and formulate an overarching fundraising strategy.
- Coming up with ingenious ways to raise funds.
- Set-up systems and processes to ensure efficient execution of the plan and strategy.
- Execution of the strategy to achieve defined targets.
- Research and track potential funding sources-foundations, trusts, philanthropists to help iterate the fundraising strategy.
b) Funding Pipeline:
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities. Research individuals, corporations, and foundations that are interested in gift giving.
- Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors.
- Create and maintain a database about current and prospective donor demographics.
- Identify new avenues to maintain and diversify funding sources.
- Identify donor opportunities.
- Respond to donor call for proposals. Write grant applications and fundraising proposals.
- Represent the organization at donor meetings and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with key decision-makers at potential funding partner organizations.
- Actively engage with all the necessary stakeholders on a regular basis to keep abreast of new sector developments as well as potential partnership opportunities.
- Identify/ research and attend (non-profit) sector-focused networking events with relevant stakeholders.
c) Donor Engagement:
- Drafting funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors.
- Preparing quarterly budgets.
- Provide guidance to and coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to develop proposals and activity plans including budgets and cash flows.
- Create and execute donor engagement plans to cultivate long term relationships with the current and prospective new donors.
- Implementing a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
- Master’s degree in Comms/PR/Marketing,
- A minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience in the social sector
- Must bring in strong analytic, strategic planning and thinking skills.
- An effective communicator and relationship builder
- Previous experience in sales or marketing is also acceptable.
- Sound knowledge of the charity sector.
- Excellent written and verbal skills mandatory
For more details on the work being done by WAIC, please visit www.waic.in
Interested candidates can send their profile to email@example.com