POSITION: Program Manager, Telangana.
TYPE: Permanent Employment starting with a 6-month probationary period.
LOCATION: Multiple districts in Telangana. Travel expected.
COMPENSATION: Rs.35,000 – Rs.40,000
Vision & Mission:
Our vision is to find a #Family4EveryChild. Our mission is to ensure that all eligible abandoned, orphaned, and surrendered children across India are accounted for and reach a positive outcome in the child’s best interest (including the legal adoption pool).
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is conducting a project in Telangana to assess the status of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and determine the best next step for every child. We seek candidates interested in the Child Protection and Child Welfare space to lead and manage multiple projects with the Telangana government Women and Child Development Department. The incumbent would work closely with the Chief Program Officer at WAIC to deliver multiple projects in the Telangana region.
We are looking for a Program Manager in Telangana. We seek candidates interested in the Child Protection and Welfare space to help design, operate and manage the on-field and off-field programs in Telangana.
- Manage a team of associates who work on the field and visit various CCIs to collect children’s data.
- Manage communications with the local Women and Child Authorities.
- Hire and allocate necessary field workers to cover the districts planned for Telangana
- Troubleshoot any issues that are bottlenecks for data collection by maintaining a cordial relationship with District Child Protection Unit, Child Welfare Committee, Specialized Adoption Agency, and Child Care Institutions.
- Engage in fieldwork if necessary to understand the process on the ground and guide and train the fieldworkers.
- Support the Chief Program Officer in managing day-to-day managerial and supervisory work for multiple WAIC projects in the region
- Produce and update reports on all projects. Ensure that a proper review is carried out with all the field workers/project associates/managers for timely delivery of the work
- Manage the program budget for Telangana and ensure that all work streams are delivered within the budgeted cost.
- Contribute to fundraising activities and campaigns designed by the corporate teams
- Be the face of WAIC in Telangana.
- Ensure that proper planning is carried out across all the projects that are under your control and provide relevant updates to all the stakeholders
- Manage and engage with key stakeholders in your region (Maintain warm and cordial relations with the key stakeholders in your region).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Any Graduate with a passion for working for the well-being of children.
- A master’s degree in social work is preferred but not certainly required.
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience in a management role (preference is given to those with program management experience.
- Competency in Microsoft applications (especially MS Office, Word, Excel, Google Docs & Sheets, and Google Drive).
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Telugu and English. If the candidate can understand Hindi, it will be helpful.
- A data collection background is preferable but not necessary.
- Experience in child protection space is preferable but not necessary.
- Willing to travel independently across the remote districts of Telangana.
- Comfortable with doing multiple follow-ups to get appointments and visits
- The candidate needs to be diligent and have high attention to detail.
Interested candidates can send their profile to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their mobile number. Please send the mail with the subject line “Reg: <Program Manager Position for Telangana: From <Name>>.”
For more details on the work being done by WAIC, please visit www.waic.in.