Position: Project Associate, Maharashtra.
Type: Renewable fixed-term contract, starting with 3 months.
Location: Multiple districts in Maharashtra. Travel expected.
Compensation: Based on experience level. Travel covered as per actuals.
Number of vacancies: 3
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is conducting a project in Maharashtra to assess the status of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and support the due process of bringing eligible children into the legal adoption pool.
We seek candidates interested in the Child Welfare space to work closely with WAIC to collect, enter, and update data in the technology system, and to do extensive fieldwork at the district level on the children’s cases. Training will be provided to selected candidates by the WAIC team to build knowledge about CCIs, the technology platform, data collection, fieldwork, and reporting.
At the end of the project, you would have gained insights in the working of Child Welfare Mechanisms in India and the solutions to ensure a permanent family for every child.
- Visit child care institutions (CCIs) across multiple districts in Maharashtra to collect and periodically update data from children’s files in the technology platform.
- Work with the WAIC team to digitize, translate, clean up, sort, and organize the collected data.
- Work with the WAIC team to go through the children flagged by the technology solution and identify children who can potentially be brought into the legal adoption pool.
- Comprehensively evaluate the existing information of identified children and work with CCIs, CWC (Child Welfare Committee), and DCPU (District Child Protection Unit) to complete the documentation of identified children
- Provide the completed documentation to Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs), and if a legally free for adoption (LFA) order is granted by the CWC, support the CCI and SAA in completing the CSR and MER (including medical tests) of the children, to be further uploaded in CARINGS by the SAA.
- Manage the communication with the CCIs, DCPUs, CWCs and Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs) to facilitate the entire process.
- Conduct adoption procedure training and coordination meetings among all the stakeholders in the district.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Any Graduate with a passion to work for the well-being of children.
- Google Docs & Sheets, Google Drive, MS Office ( Especially Word & Excel).
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Marathi and English.
- Data collection background is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in child protection space is preferable but not necessary.
- Willing to travel independently across Maharashtra.
- Comfortable with doing multiple follow-ups to get appointments and visits.
- The candidate needs to be diligent and have high attention to detail.
Interested candidates can send their profile to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their mobile number. Please send the mail with the subject line “Reg: <Project Associate for Maharashtra: From <Name>>”
For more details on the work being done by WAIC, please visit www.waic.in.