Position : Project Associate – Maharashtra
Type : Permanent Position starting with a 6-month probationary period
Location : Multiple districts in Maharashtra, Extensive Travel Involved
Compensation : INR 20,000 per month, Travel expenses as per actuals
Number of vacancies: 2
Vision & Mission :
Our vision is to enable a #Family4EveryChild. Our mission is to ensure that all abandoned, orphaned, and surrendered children across India’s child shelters are accounted for and reach a positive outcome in the child’s best interest (including the legal adoption pool).
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is conducting a project in Maharashtra to assess the status of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and support the due process of bringing eligible children into the legal adoption pool. We seek candidates interested in the Child Welfare space to work closely with WAIC to collect, enter, and update data in our Child Lifecycle Management Solution (CLMS) technology system and to do extensive fieldwork at the district level on the children’s cases. Training will be provided to selected candidates by the WAIC team to build knowledge about CCIs, the technology platform, data collection, fieldwork, and reporting.
1. Visit Child Care institutions (CCIs) across multiple districts in Maharashtra to collect and periodically update data from children’s files in the technology platform.
2. Work with the WAIC team to digitize, translate, clean up, sort, and organize the collected data.
3. Work with the WAIC team to review the children flagged by the technology solution and identify children who can potentially be brought into the legal adoption pool.
4. Comprehensively evaluate the existing information of identified children and work with CCIs, CWC (Child Welfare Committee), and DCPU (District Child Protection Unit) to complete the documentation of identified children.
5. Provide the completed documentation to Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs), and if a legally free for adoption (LFA) order is granted by the CWC, support the CCI and SAA in completing the CSR and MER (including medical tests) of the children to be further uploaded in CARINGS by the SAA.
6. Manage the communication with the CCIs, DCPUs, CWCs and Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs) to facilitate the entire process.
7. Conduct adoption procedure training and coordination meetings among all the stakeholders in the district.
Required Skills and Qualifications :
1.Masters in Social Work with a passion for working for a child’s right to a family.
2. Well-versed in using Google Drive, Google Docs & Google Sheets
3. Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Marathi and English.
4. A data collection background is preferred but not necessary.
5.Experience in child protection space is preferable but not necessary.
6.Being willing to travel and work independently across Maharashtra is mandatory.
7. Comfortable with doing multiple follow-ups to get appointments and visits.
8. The candidate needs to be diligent and have high attention to detail.