Project Associate - Madhya Pradesh.
Position : Project Associate – Madhya Pradesh.
Type : Renewable fixed-term contract, starting with 6 Months
Location : Multiple districts in Madhya pradesh. Travel in Madhya Pradesh expected.
Compensation : Based on experience level. Travel covered as per actuals.
About WAIC :
Vision & Mission :
Our vision is to find a #Family4EveryChild. Our mission is to ensure that all eligible abandoned, orphaned, and surrendered children across India are accounted for, and reach a positive outcome in the best interest of the child (including the legal adoption pool).
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is working to ensure every child in child care Institutions reaches the legal adoption pool and potentially reaches a forever family. WAIC’s flagship project is technology- enabled fieldwork.
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is conducting a project in Madhya Pradesh to assess the status of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and support the due process of bringing eligible children into the legal adoption pool.
We seek candidates interested in the Child Welfare space to work closely with WAIC to collect, enter, and update data in the technology system, and to do extensive field work at the district level on the children’s cases. Training will be provided to selected candidates by the WAIC team to build knowledge about CCIs, the technology platform, data collection, field work, and reporting.At the end of the project, you would have gained insights into the working of child welfare Mechanisms in India and the solutions to ensure a positive outcome for every child.
Role and Responsibilities :
1. Visit child care institutions (CCIs) across multiple districts in Madhya Pradesh to collect data from children’s records in the CCIs, and enter and update the data in WAIC’s technology solution, Child Lifecycle Management Solution (CLMS).
2. Manage the communication and logistics with the District Child Protection Unit (DCPU), Specialised Adoption Agencies (SAAs), and CCIs to schedule the visits.
3. Train the CCIs about adoption procedures for eligible children.
4. Work with the DCPU and CWC to present the children for adoption.
5. Groundwork to move the paperwork through different stages of the process, which could mean multiple trips to the CCIs, Child Welfare Committee offices, Police stations to get police reports for abandoned children, etc.
6. Work with the WAIC team to digitise, translate, clean up, sort and organise the collected data.
Requirements and Qualifications :
1. Masters in Social Work with a passion for working for a child’s right to a family.
2. Well-versed in using Google Drive, Google Docs & Google Sheets.
3. Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Hindi and English.
4. Data collection background is preferable but not necessary.
5. Freshers and experienced candidates between 1-3 years can apply.
6. Experience in child welfare and protection space is preferable but not necessary.
7. Willing to travel independently across Madhya Pradesh.
8. Extensive travel across districts in Madhya Pradesh is involved.
9. Comfortable with doing multiple follow-ups to get appointments and visits.
10. Candidate needs to be diligent and have close attention to detail.