We are failing to protect the most vulnerable children in India. The number of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs, aka shelters) ranges from 3.5 – 4 lakhs. The number of children that are in the legal adoption pool at any point is fewer than 2000. On the other hand, 30,000 couples and singles are registered and waiting to adopt.
Why is there no reconciliation for the wide chasm
between 4,00,000 and 2000?
- General apathy and lack of pre-adoption process understanding
- Status of legal guardians for children at shelters is unclear
- Abandoned and Orphaned children are not tracked and highlighted for adoption
- No Real-Time Dashboards or Insights into the children living in the shelters
- No incentive for CCI to promote the adoption
Permanent solutions are possible. At WAIC, with the support of the local WCD governments, we are working to ensure that abandoned and orphaned children are accounted for and reach a positive outcome in the best interest of the child.
WAIC has adopted a 3-Pronged Approach to tackle the challenges
Unregistered & illegal child shelters continue to thrive,
data of child
get in touch
Request A Quote
Error: Contact form not found.