Position: Project Associate, Telangana.
Type: Renewable fixed-term contract, starting with 3 months
Location: Multiple districts in Telangana. Travel expected.
Compensation: Based on experience level. Travel covered as per actuals.
Number of Vacancies: 2
WAIC (Where are India’s Children) is conducting a project in Telangana to assess the status of children in Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and determine the best next step for every child.
We seek candidates interested in the Child Welfare space to work closely with WAIC to collect, enter, and update data for the technology pilot. Training will be provided to selected candidates by the WAIC team to build knowledge about CCIs, the technology platform, and how to collect, enter, and update data.
At the end of the project, you would have gained insights into the working of Child Welfare Mechanisms in India and the solutions to ensure a positive outcome for every child.
- Visit child care institutions (CCIs) across Telangana to collect data from children’s files, and enter and update the data in the technology platform.
- Manage the communication and logistics with the CCIs to schedule the visits.
- Manage the communication with the respective District Child Protection Unit (DCPU), and Specialized Adoption Agencies (SAAs) to facilitate the visits.
- Visit child care institutions (CCIs) across Telangana to collect children’s data.
- Train the CCIs about adoption procedures for eligible children.
- If required, manage the communication with the local government authorities to schedule the visits (as per the approval given by the WCD Commissioner).
- Groundwork to move the paperwork through different stages of the process, which could mean multiple trips to the CCIs, Child Welfare Committee offices, Police Stations to get police reports for abandoned children, etc.
- Work with the WAIC team to digitize, translate, clean up, sort, and organize the collected data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Any Graduate with a passion to work for the well-being of children.
- MS Office ( especially Word & Excel), Google Docs & Sheets, Google Drive.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking Telugu and English. If the candidate is able to understand Hindi, it will be helpful.
- Data collection background is preferable but not necessary.
- Experience in child protection space is preferable but not necessary.
- Willing to travel independently across Telangana.
- Comfortable with doing multiple follow-ups to get appointments and visits.
- The candidate needs to be diligent and have high attention to detail.
Interested candidates can send their profile to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their mobile number. Please send the mail with the subject line “Reg: <Project Associate for Telangana: From <Name>>”
For more details on the work being done by WAIC, please visit www.waic.in.